Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sick Day

I stayed home today for only the second day all year. This is so not like me, but I felt really horrible and would be of no use to anyone at my school! See, I love my job. I love teaching so much that today while I've been home I've maintained internet contact with my team, checking on students, notifying some parents of concerns I have about their child, planning for what Brittany and I will do next week. I can't turn it off.

I've had to make myself say no to some things school related this year. I didn't keep score for one single basketball game this season...I didn't even go to one single basketball game this season. My family needs me as much or more than my students. But I would be lying if I said I was good at being a wife and mom at the same time as I'm being a teacher.

Anyway, over the last few weeks I've been thinking about something really great I can post on here. I've decided that I'm going to share with you about my school. We're an IB-MYP school. It's a pretty cool concept for teaching. So if you want to know about IB-MYP before I can post more, google it and let me know what you find out. :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hope you feel better and can get back to work!