Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow Day Projects

Occassionally, in education, we encounter these things called "Snow Days". Now, generally, here where I live these are days that we miss due to bad weather...but not neccesarily snow...more likely ice, which is the case with us this weekend. So since I'm from the south, I don't attempt to even get outside when we have ice days like we have this weekend. So I made good use of the time I spent locked in my house...I pulled out the sewing machine and made new curtains for my bathroom. Please know that the frosted sticky paper I put on the windows will be removed and redone in the near future.




Since I had the machine out I went ahead and made a new cover for the head board. I had bought the fabric about a month ago when I was out with my mom one day and hadn't even tried to work on it. It was not nearly as difficult as I thought it was going to be and I feel so good about accomplishing this!






I will be shopping for a new comforter for the bed soon, but I just wanted to show the world that I can do something besides teach! :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Nice! Way to be productive with your snow days!