Monday, May 19, 2008

It's been Monday all day...

I am sick...I've been sick since Friday with a sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, cough, etc. So I woke up this morning sicker. I won't go into detail, but let's just say I was rotten. Anyway, I slog to the shower and get semi awake, do the make up, iron the clothes, get the kids out the door, etc. and get in the car to go to work. I decide to stop at McDonald's to get a drink. I sit the drink in my cup holder and as I pull out onto Cherry the drink falls over and spills all over my pants. UGH...too late to go home so I figure they'll dry and I'll be ok.

Get to school and go get the packs of protractors, compasses, rulers and so on to work on the string art project. I drop the whole box and plastic measuring devices go everywhere. After picking them up, I go over as much DRY AND BORING science as I can stomach and then move on to the project. As I am giving out the packs of measuring devices I realize I'm about 4 short!!! "Some of you will have to share" I say, and all the students grab their bags and act like it's food and they haven't eaten in about a year.

I explain and demonstrate and go and show again and then get everyone on the same page. And then I begin explaining how to divide the circles into equal angles and OH MY GOSH! It was really difficult for them to follow and understand and we all got frustrated.

Then I went to the dr. and found out that I do not have an infection and I have to let this stupid crud just work out. UGH! I went to the library to return books that my children checked out from the Book Mobile and had a book from their elementary school.

I'm with Kim on "one of those days." It's been one of those days...I'm ready to go to bed and start over tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Kim Eckhardt said...

Oh man. You've had the Mondaies. The Mondaiest of Mondaies it sounds like. Feel better soon! :)