Friday, May 16, 2008

TGIF!

I may have used that as a title once before, but seriously!!!! T.G.I.F.!!!!! We (all the teachers and all the students) are growing weary of coming here and working. We really need a summer break! I wake up my students more and more with each passing day. I often wonder what they would do if I put my head down and went to sleep! :)

I am working with them on some really cool math projects...one is string art. Many of you may remember doind string art when you were in school...it never really goes out of style. The other is creating a stained glass window design using slope. It's fun, but difficult and the students have a love/hate relationship with the project. I plan to take pictures and post them early next week...be on the lookout!

On another note, Nate, Tricia, and Gwyneth Lawrenson are finally experiencing "family time" at home! Gwyneth is the micro-preemie who was born just shy of 25 weeks gestation to a mother with advanced CF disease. God has blessed Tricia with new lungs (thanks to an organ donor) and has protected Gwyneth from major complications. Please join me in continuing to pray for them as they grow together as a family!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kim Eckhardt said...

I wish it was TGIF every day. I linked to the blog of the family with the baby and the mom with the lung transplant. Wow. What a story. Do you know them or did you find their story?

Teacher in the middle said...

I found the story through a prayer site I follow. Now I'm addicted...it's the greatest story!